Monday 27 September 2010

...views from a playground two




We wanted to find out more about the link between compass points and angles.
In the playground we gave each other instructions using direction words and angles e.g turn 90 degrees clockwise or turn 270 degrees anti clockwise.

Not everyone had noticed the 8 point compass painted in the front playground before!

We recorded which direction we were facing to start off with and when we had finished .We also recorded what we were looking at e.g.
facing SE and turning 45 degrees clockwise I face S to the school building.

facing SE and turning 45 degrees anticlockwise I look E across the Peedie Sea over to the Power Station and St Magnus Cathedral.

"If I face SE then turn 360 degrees I'll be facing my house!" (P4 pupil)








1 comment:

  1. I did see you out in the front playground. I am so glad that you know the compass is there now! It is important to notice things all aroung us and you will know which direction you are looking in too!
    Mrs Rendall

    ReplyDelete